Monday 10 February 2020

How to break free from the need to be liked

Add TODAY to your contacts | View in browser
TODAY One Small Thing
Do you fear not being liked by your coworkers or neighbors? The "please like me" mentality can be overwhelming, especially for women. It makes it difficult to say "no" or prioritize what you want out of life.

When you feel a crushing need to be liked, a psychologist advised asking yourself: Do I care only about what other people think? Or I'm going to think about deeper concepts like: What do I actually want to do? Where do I find meaning? What things give me enjoyment? Do I really want those activities taken away because I'm inside my own head thinking about other people?

Follow the link to get more tips on how to break the cycle of people-pleasing.
Get the story!
Related
Meet the couple teaching tai chi to the homeless
Watch Now
Identical twin loses 60 pounds to donate kidney to brother
Read More
TODAY Health & Wellness is on Facebook!
Read More
Get the TODAY Mobile App
Apple Google
Follow TODAY
Facebook Pinterest Instagram Youtube Youtube Youtube
Update Preferences | Unsubscribe | Contact | Privacy
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© test1
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top